Basic DJing with DJ Rob Swift
Basic DJing with DJ Rob Swift is for beginner or self-taught DJs looking to set strong foundations in their DJ skills. Taking it right down to the core principles, Rob teaches how to mix by ear, how to match bpm, and basic mixing styles. This course will help you manually control the tools of the trade, creating a strong foundation for scratching, beat juggling and all the fun things to come!
Basic DJing with DJ Rob Swift Breakdown:
- Hand mechanics: examining how to manually control the tools of the trade (turntables, mixer, needles, headphones etc.)
- Listening: analysing the importance of understanding bars, bar structure and quarter, eigth and sixteenth notes.
- Mixing: explaining how to merge two songs of varying speeds in a seamless way.
- Dropping on Beat
- Styles of Mixing
- Set arrangement: exploring how to apply fundamental DJ techniques in arranging a fluid DJ set.
- Genre and BPM: understanding how to organise various styles of music.
Best suited to beginners or those wanting to improve their turntable instincts.
Basic DJing with DJ Rob Swift is for students who want to build foundations in the techniques of DJing. DJing is best learned step by step, building your skills one block at a time. Getting back to basics can propel your growth later down the line. If you’re already familiar with topics like dropping on beat, building a DJ set, mixing by ear, check out our other courses such as Basic Scratching and Training Camp or the 10 Root Moves of Beat Juggling.
Have a question? send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team members, or Rob Swift himself will help you out!
Hand Mechanics and Listening
This first lesson will teach you how to navigate the turntables, mixer, needles and headphones to help develop foundational DJ instincts and help you get started.